Sunday, September 14, 2008

sadness

I know that people deal with death and sadness everyday. But, I don't. I have had a few tragic deaths in my family - from accidents to cancer. Only a few. For that I praise the Lord.

However, on Friday morning a fellow scrapper and "friend" from Studio Calico was killed in a tragic car accident at the age of 41.She leaves behind a loving husband and two beautiful children, ages 7 and 4. So full of life and spice this one was. The world is a little dimmer without her light shining. Please pray for her family. They need all the prayers you can offer. Pray for the girl driving the other car - she is only 22. Her life as she knew it is virtually over as well. The entire thing is so completely tragic.

I think I have been forced to face life. You know?? What I am doing for forever?? I certainly have been hugging my kids alot tighter. Raising my voice a little less. And praising God a whole lot more.

Make sure you take pictures of yourself with your kids and family. Aleida always emphasized this on her blog. You don't know what tomorrow holds....so make sure to capture the now, now.

I love you all. I am spent emotionally. I promise to be back tomorrow with a more upbeat post. Even a picture or two and a layout.

((hugs)) I appreciate every last one of you.

XO

2 comments:

Kristii said...

What a fitting tribute Christie!!
I have made sure to call my girls and tell them I love them more than once this weekend! I squeezed my son much tighter too!!
I miss her so!!

JeanneK said...

I am so sorry for the loss of a friend. My DD belongs to SC and told me about it Friday Evenong. How horrible to have 2 lives lost like that. One of course, is your friend but the other young lady, I heard from DD is being charged with Vehiclar Homocide.

We need to life our lives right out loud! Tell people we love them, show them we do. One never knows what tomorrow will bring.

Praying that the Good Lord will strenghten you and my dear friend Kristii, to be able to get through this rough time but reminding you she is home now in HIS ARMS. A new sister from LRS.